Missoula Emergency Air Conditioning Repair is a phone number that belongs on the fridge, along with contact info for the police department, poison control, and emergency plumbing service. Homeowners have a responsibility to keep their houses and properties in working order. Comfort and safety is of the upmost importance. HVAC professionals serve to accommodate and protect your home and family.
When You Will Need Missoula Air Conditioning Repair
Being a homeowner is an amazing step in pursuing what we like to call the “American Dream.” Most individuals have a goal to own property, and maintain a safe and comfortable, where a family can grow and thrive. HVAC and other utility systems in your home are not foolproof, so homeowners need to know when to call and who to trust for repairs. Missoula Emergency Air Conditioning Repair technicians can help locals when they need service. Find out the most common issues associated with air conditioning problems that may require immediate attention.
Air Conditioner Short Cycling
An air conditioner naturally cycles, allowing the different components to work as intended. On occasion, and for various reasons, these components can no longer do the job. Perhaps ice has built up within the HVAC system, the unit is too small for the area of cooling. There could be a number of contributing factors. When these problems occur internally, it leads to short cycling. You will hear your HVAC system continually turning on and shutting off, and it will not keep your home cooled down. During summer months, this can pose a serious risk to those inside of your home. It will also drive up your utility bill until the problem is resolved.
Air conditioners use a refrigerant, usually Freon, to produce the cooling effect. Refrigerant is considered a chlorofluorocarbon (also known as CFC) which is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency. Due to the hazardous effects refrigerants have on the ozone, a leak must be repaired by certified repair technician. Not only is the environment at risk but so is your air conditioning system and wallet. A small refrigerant leak can be easy to fix but if the problem is not attended to in a fashionable time frame this can lead to major deterioration of the air conditioning system as a whole.
Unusual Sounds from Unit
A variety of sounds can come from your HVAC system. Some of these sounds are normal, but when you start hearing unusual sounds coming from your system it means that something has gone awry with your unit. There is an assortment of reasons for different sounds. These issues can range from something being sucked into the unit to a loose belt, or even the possibility of faulty parts. All of these scenarios can cause significant damage to the motor and fan if not dealt with promptly and correctly.
There are two possible reasons for odd smells coming from your air conditioning. There could be dirt or mold accumulating inside of the unit and the solution is to have the unit thoroughly cleaned out. This usually leads to a musty smell. If you smell a burning or melting odor coming from your air conditioner, this is a sign of a significant problem and an expert should be called immediately. These odors are an indicator of an electrical problem such as melting or burning wires. Ignoring such a problem could result in a house fire or electrical shock- both very serious issues that are potentially fatal.
Don’t Delay Calling for Missoula Emergency Air Conditioning Repair
As a homeowner, it is vital to have a general understanding of how your HVAC system works. It will help you to identify problems and know what to do about it. Knowing the difference between an air conditioning emergency and a minor problem can save you a ton of money – but more importantly, it may spare your family the discomfort or danger from faulty HVAC units.
Issues caused by ignoring air conditioning problems
- Increased cost of electrical bills- Although this may not be a major problem, an increase in your electrical bill is something you should try to avoid. It is not worth waiting to make the call to your Missoula Emergency Air Conditioning Repair contractor.
- Loss of cooling- This problem may seem more like an inconvenience however, if you have small children or elderly family living with you it is more serious. Heat and humidity for prolonged periods of time, especially during a heat wave, could affect the health of your relatives.
- Complete air conditioner breakdown- This would be the worst possible outcome and if Murphy’s Law takes affect, it would likely happen on the worst possible day (your child’s birthday party, daughter’s baby shower, your parents’ 50th anniversary, etc.). Getting your entire HVAC system replaced on an emergency basis is a huge inconvenience, and it costs more than scheduling a time in advance. Don’t wait for everything to break down. Get regular maintenance and check that your equipment is in good working order.
Garden City offers 24/7 Missoula Emergency Air Conditioning Repair
Garden City Plumbing & Heating is one of Missoula’s emergency air conditioning repair contractors that has someone on call around the clock. They offer 24/7 emergency air conditioning repair service for those in the Missoula area. While emergency service costs more and is less convenient than routine maintenance and a standard appointment, there are times when it’s necessary. Garden City even offers financing so there is nothing standing in the way of getting your home or property cooled down in the summer. Make sure your HVAC contractor will be there for you if you ever need someone to come out right away, even if it’s a night, weekend, or holiday.
Things to remember when your A/C breaks
- Do not open the unit or touch any wires!
- Shut the unit off immediately in case there is a dangerous leak.
- Call the police if your A/C isn’t working and the temperature is dangerously high- especially if there are babies or senior citizens or other medically fragile people in the space
- Call the Office of Emergency Management to find emergency shelters during extreme heat waves.
Taking Care of Business
Don’t forget how important it is to take care of your residential air conditioning system. Learn as much as you can about how best to care for your HVAC unit. Take the time to meet your local Missoula emergency air conditioning repair technicians. Comfort and safety is the key, and you should always be prepared in case there’s an emergency! Just like insurance, Missoula Emergency Air Conditioning Repair is something you may never need- but if you ever need it, you’ll be relieved to know it’s available for you.